-->

TGIF: the Ice Cream Bar, San Francisco



Last Friday, Scharffen Berger hosted its second annual San Francisco Bakery Crawl to kick off their annual Chocolate Adventure Contest. The crawl is always a blast to go on, being an awesome chance to visit several of the "hot right now" SF bakeries without having to worry about traffic and parking around the city! Score! :) One of the stops on this year's tour was The Ice Cream Bar, which is this awesome old-fashioned ice cream counter and soda fountain that makes you feel as if you've stepped off the street from modern-day San Francisco into a time warp back to the wonderful art deco age of the 1930s. Though we didn't get to try any of the Ice Cream Bar's famed ice cream sodas, they did serve up some delicious ice cream sandwiches, and I'm itching to make another trip back to the 1930s Cole Valley to try their soda offerings. --that and I'm such a sucker for art deco anything. :)

(though in an odd counterpoint, every time I think of soda jerks, I get this song stuck in my head.)


Happy Friday, and I hope everyone has a great first weekend of October! (already?! yikes!)

[A big thanks to Scharffen Berger for hosting me on the bakery crawl. As always, I would never write about anything here that I didn't personally try and like enough to want to share it with everyone.]
LihatTutupKomentar