-->

Scenes from Edinburgh, Scotland



On the day of the Scottish independence vote, I thought I would post some photos from my last trip there about two years ago that have never seen the light of day.

Edinburgh in particular holds a very near and dear place in my heart. Foremost, one of my best friends lives there. But also, because it's this sort this fantastical city, a beautiful mélange of Old World charm, modernity, hipstery-ness, art culture, university town, and green outdoor spaces. And cafés of all types. And the most, most gorgeous Northernly light that I have ever experienced. I gawk from the moment I get off the plane/train every time I'm there--so much so that I usually forget to even raise my camera for a photo. I can't wait to see the rest of Scotland some day, too. From the paintings I've seen the National Galleries, the rest of Scotland promises to be equally jaw-dropping (This painting of the Isle of Skye is my favorite landscape painting from the galleries. Better version here.)


[Above: Arthur's Seat and Crags. Below: view of Edinburgh from atop Arthur's Seat]


However the independence vote turns out, here's wishing the best for Scotland!
LihatTutupKomentar